Time is TBD|
Location is TBD
5th Annual EPIC 4x4 Quest Trip
5th Annual EPIC 4x4 Quest Trip. Open to all that support law enforcement and first responders.
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Location is TBD
About The Event
**Make sure to click READ MORE and read to the bottom for all information**
5th Annual Powered by The Edge Automotive 4x4! Who is ready for an EPIC adventure?!? Submit application for slot no later than Sep. 30, 2022 at midnight MT. Lottery drawing will take place Oct. 1, 2022 at 7pm MT. For information regarding Registration process and Drawing for slots please check out these links: New Registration Process & Annual Event Drawing Process (Change from prior ONE application per vehicle wanting to join; ie. 2 applications from same family is asking for 2 slots). NOTE - ONE Law Enforcement member will win a slot for free; please see Registration details for more information or email EPICBOD@epic4x4quest.com.
ABOUT THE TRIP: Open to ANY 4x4 offroad vehicle that meets minimum requirements. No information will be disclosed other than where to meet for start/pre-night as this is part of the Quest and excitement. General start location will be western CO/eastern UT (state line) & ending around 5 hours to Denver, CO. Check out the EPIC 4x4 Quest Annual Event Guide for more on what to expect. This trip will be mostly offroading with a few non-offroading elements.
Think mild to moderate trails in an overlanding type style as we use as many offroad trails as possible to get from location to location where you "glamp" in a hotel each night. More trail expectation: Tight turns with arm work out (short wheelbase, example 4 door SUV ~120", required due to tight turn/trees), pin striping expected, narrow trails recommend no wider than 7'1", minor shelf roads, small rock gardens with tire placement being key but spotters will be there to assist, Pavement travel time will occur up to about 1 hour or less. It will truly be a live by the seat of your pants along for the ride adventure - Just believe in the QUEST!
This trip is to generate funds for our police officers and first responders, that have been tragically injured or fallen in the line of duty. This year the revenue will help build the donation to nonprofits sharing mission of helping first responders and law enforcement, such as MC1 Foundations and Concerns of Police Survivors. Supporters or Participants can make additional donations through PayPal to EPIC 4x4 Quest trip to contribute to the mission. (Our trips are open to ALL and ALL vehicle makes and models that meet minimum requirements)
NOTE: There will be a mandatory Meet & Greet held in the Denver area prior to the trip on Saturday, May 6, 2023. This will allow all paper work able to be completed ahead of time to get done, us to go over important information needed to ensure the trip runs smoothly and you have what is needed, as well as for you to get your window banner.
- Cost: $1,130: $275 deposit to be done within 7days of accepting spot offered & the remaining amount ($855) to be paid in full by set date on PayPal invoice, expect no later than 60 days from start of trip. PayPal invoices will go out for the amounts with due dates. Payment via check vs PayPal is possible with coordination with EPIC 4x4 Quest BOD. NO REFUNDS for deposit! Refund for remaining amount based off refund policy. Note, for those that have gone in the past, yes this is higher than prior years price, but is due to having the prenight hotel built into cost.
- Cost covers 1 vehicle and up to 2 people in the vehicle; Note: Additional people riding in same vehicle will be added $150/person
- Trip includes:
- Entry into an EPIC and exclusive trip (12 participant vehicles ONLY) where you establish friendships with the EPIC 4x4 Quest Board of Directors and other like-minded offroaders.
- Hotel Accommodations: Four (4) nights in hotel rooms (NOTE 1 Room per vehicle - Expect Double Queen or Single King room; we will always place those with need for 2 beds in Double Queen rooms). Four included nights work as following: Prenight, Trip Night 1, Trip Night 2, Trip Night 3. Breakfast included at most if not all hotels. Optional Postnight (5th hotel night) at additional cost of $165; this would be same hotel as Final Trip night and will include heated indoor/outdoor pool, near proximity to town stores/restaurants, and continental breakfast.
- Prenight to even starting, Saturday night, hotel is built into cost, as noted above, due to start location distance. We plan to have reservations at a Steakhouse for those that want to join, but cost of meal/dinner is on your own.
- Dinner 4 nights: Included for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Close Out Finale Dinner and Awards Wednesday.
- ONE (1) trip specific T-shirt included (additional able to be bought).
- EPIC 4x4 Quest trip specific sticker.
- Guides and Spotters for the offroad portion of the trip. Trails will be lead as you will be surprised as to where and what trails we are doing each day. Details of day will be provided as we go through to have as reminder of what you did during the trip!
- Admission to any/all nonoffroading locations/activities part of trip schedule.
- Games with trophies/awards to be awarded at Finale Close Out Dinner
- Goodie Bag that will be given out at the Meet n' Greet which includes but is not limited to the above listed Trip T-shirt, Trip Sticker, and Window Banner
- Giveaway Item from our amazing sponsors with average value of at least $50-100 for Primary Participant at the Finale Close Out Dinner (examples: Gift Cards, Recovery Equipment, or other Offroad related items)
- Our amazing photographer (Jason T Strother Photography) will be helping capture the trip! All media will be shared through our smugmug which allows for free download as well as to share you content from the trip as well.
MORE INFORMATION TO COME AS IT BECOMES AVAILABLE!
Vehicle Requirements for Trip:
- Agree to follow EPIC 4x4 Quest Rules (posted for review on the Event - RULES page)
- Drivers license and Auto insurance
- 4 wheel drive with low range
- Shorter wheelbase required (example 4 door SUV; ~120"; Longer vehicles such as pickup not recommended due to tight turns/trees on at least one of the days)
- Minimum 33" offroad tires with rock sliders & skids; Encourage at least 35" offroad tires
- Functioning Emergency Brake (Wheel Chock could be acceptable)
- Spare Tire Required!
- Recovery points - front and rear
- Ability to air down tires and air up tires (Compressor or Tank)
- Ability to travel at highway speeds
- Cooler for lunches/trail food
- Trash storage method
Additional not required but recommended:
- Encourage Tire Repare Kit in addition to Spare Tire
- Skid Plate & Rock Sliders - NOTE Required for those with less than 35s (stock skids/rock sliders acceptable)
- Fire extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Winch (Not Required)
Direct link to scheduled YouTube Live for 5th Annual Drawing on Oct. 1, 2022 at 7pm MT: https://youtu.be/5gHBKkO2AwE
Thank you to our Event Sponsors: The Edge Automotive, J-8 Fabrications, The Telephone Man, Lyft Offroad, JTS Media, Colorado 4x4 Girls, Tuffy Security Products, Torq-Masters, Adams Driveshaft & Offroad, Hi-Lift, Compliance Solutions Occupational Trainers, Ontrail Training, S-Tech Switch, TrailsOffroad.com, 4Patriots, Extreme Terrain
If you are interested in sponsoring EPIC 4x4 Quest for 2023, this trip or any trip email us at EPICBOD@epic4x4quest.com